Starfleet Canada

Starfleet Canada (SC) have been founded on August 26th 2008 (2408). A Federation fleet created for the newly upcoming Star Trek Game which is called Star Trek: On-line! Please, feel free to look around and enjoy your stay. with us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

----------------Fleet status:----------- 
Starfleet Canada: Condition Green ACTIVE & PLAYING STAR TREK ONLINE!

The recruitment is everyone responsibility. PLAY THE GAME! SPEND TIME WITH US! CHAT IN-GAME! RECRUIT! EXCHANGE! ASSIST! DO MISSIONS TOGETHER! GREAT GAME EXPERIENCE! It would help us grow. Go to our thread in STO forums to bring us up to the front page! COME PLAY WITH US NOW! http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1760999#post1760999

JOIN THE FLEET! COME PLAY WITH US! OUR DREAM OF A FLEET IS AN ON GOING WORK IN PROGRESS & STILL IS ON TRACK. http://STARTREKONLINE.COM

Share | 

Inter Communications With In The Fleet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fencer8
Acting Captain
Acting Captain

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Mon Aug 03 2009, 00:43

Good Day to you all. It is 23:10 on the second of August 2009. I posed this to Captain Salak and he suggested that it be posted he for the senior members to discuss and form an implementation process if needed.

The first thing that has been raised was the use of voice communications between person's at fleet meetings of all members, division's, and such.

Second was the use of voice communication during the fleet operations of PvP and PvE between fleet vessel captain's. This is supposed to improve fleet co-ordination of attacks, with drawls and other multi vessel operations.

Third is the use of web cams during fleet operations and for the fleet meeting.

Fourth is the storage of fleet operation's on video/audio files for later training viewing. Is this to be done by the fleet or the individual captain's them selves?

What is been asked of myself is,will we be using Skype or a similar style product for any type of voice communications and are web cams going to possibly needed, if not right away then possibly in the near future. I don't know if the gaming systems can use web cams, but I was told that most new gaming systems do offer the inter voice option between players. I do not know what the limits of the number of players would be for the gaming systems. One possible way could be to form a series of nodes the are on a virtual either net so that if there is a limit to the number of person's then by increasing the nodes, more people could be on at one time.

Any way this is just some of the items that have been asked of me.

Thank you for your time.
Fencer8

Last edited by FrankieDoo on Mon Aug 03 2009, 10:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Organized paragraphs and separate sentences.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarBrand
Close friend of the Fleet

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Mon Aug 03 2009, 17:12

hey Fencer8,

These are all good points to consider. They may not be addressed immediately as we are still trying to get the forum up and running but they will be looked at in the future. In the meantime Lt Commander, if your interested, i would like you to go and research perhaps some of the options you feel would best carry this out. As you know there are many means of communication out their (xFire, Ventrillo, skype, msn). if you could sort through the programs and give us your recommendation as to what you feel would be the best to proceed with. We look forward to your report Lt Commander.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male
Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Mon Aug 03 2009, 18:33

I have experience in that too. I have used TeamSpeak in the past and I find it quite efficient. I will try to setup a virtual server on my computer once I have moved.

If I ever get a new computer. I will turn my old one into a server or buy a computer server directy instead. Anyway, we'll take that under advisement. I'll see what I can do.

For the moment, the only voice capable device I have is my 360. My computer headset is broken. I won't be participating too often in voice chat. I don't like that much. I do also have trouble with speaking sometimes.

« Un jour, quelqu'un m'a dit que le temps était un prédateur qui traquait tous nos vies.
Mais, je crois plutôt que le temps est un compagnon qui nous suit dans notre voyage, et nous rappelle de chérir tous les moments, parce qu'ils ne reviendront jamais. »
- Capitaine Jean-Luc Picard -

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hitbox.tv/FrankieDooSpace
seanbt87
Admiral
Admiral

Male
Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Tue Aug 04 2009, 18:16

Im not the biggest fan of voice chat but a detailed record of our operations does sound like a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Thu Aug 06 2009, 09:40

seanbt87 wrote:
Im not the biggest fan of voice chat but a detailed record of our operations does sound like a very good idea.
We will need that while in game. I don't know if we will do meetings though. I am not quite there yet. What my mind if filled amongst other things with right now is the forum.

« Un jour, quelqu'un m'a dit que le temps était un prédateur qui traquait tous nos vies.
Mais, je crois plutôt que le temps est un compagnon qui nous suit dans notre voyage, et nous rappelle de chérir tous les moments, parce qu'ils ne reviendront jamais. »

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Fri Aug 07 2009, 10:17

Senior Staff, Department's Head and Council meetings will be held on MSN or Yahoo Messenger up to 20 members in the same group conversation.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   Wed Jan 27 2010, 18:41

Skype instead of Yahoo / Skype au lieu de Yahoo! Install it! / Installez-le! Add / Ajoutez.

Once you have done that. Contact me and I will give you the information you need to add me.

It is way better than Yahoo messenger.

You can get it here: http://www.skype.com/intl/fr/welcomeback/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inter Communications With In The Fleet   

Back to top Go down

Inter Communications With In The Fleet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1