Starfleet Canada

Starfleet Canada (SC) have been founded on August 26th 2008 (2408). A Federation fleet created for the newly upcoming Star Trek Game which is called Star Trek: On-line! Please, feel free to look around and enjoy your stay. with us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

----------------Fleet status:----------- 
Starfleet Canada: Condition Green ACTIVE & PLAYING STAR TREK ONLINE!

The recruitment is everyone responsibility. PLAY THE GAME! SPEND TIME WITH US! CHAT IN-GAME! RECRUIT! EXCHANGE! ASSIST! DO MISSIONS TOGETHER! GREAT GAME EXPERIENCE! It would help us grow. Go to our thread in STO forums to bring us up to the front page! COME PLAY WITH US NOW! http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1760999#post1760999

JOIN THE FLEET! COME PLAY WITH US! OUR DREAM OF A FLEET IS AN ON GOING WORK IN PROGRESS & STILL IS ON TRACK. http://STARTREKONLINE.COM

Share | 

New Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: New Forum   Fri Sep 26 2008, 16:47

Hi Frankie,

Hope you have been feeling ok lately.

I see that no further progress has been made here at the new forum for some time.

I tweaked my section a little the other day and have a few more small things to do.

Are you simply too busy at the moment to continue the forum construction, or would you rather the other dept. heads continue where you left off.

Let me know if I should advise the other admirals to come in and build their respective departments.

Have a good day.

Your Fleet XO.

Last edited by FrankieDoo on Mon Apr 06 2009, 14:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sticky)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male
Number of posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Fri Nov 07 2008, 12:01

I've put the work on hold for now. Because, mainly about health, I want to find a job, earn money & most of all raise money for my dream project. Right now, it's going no where & I want 1 million dollars to start planning on building. At least, with a million it will be a start.

« Un jour, quelqu'un m'a dit que le temps était un prédateur qui traquait tous nos vies.
Mais, je crois plutôt que le temps est un compagnon qui nous suit dans notre voyage, et nous rappelle de chérir tous les moments, parce qu'ils ne reviendront jamais. »
- Capitaine Jean-Luc Picard -

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hitbox.tv/FrankieDooSpace
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Modifications   Fri Apr 03 2009, 20:19

I would like to mention for the record that I will NOT allow any FORUM add-on or modifications without my permission while I'm doing my work.

Further more, you really want your reports to be in a thread other then have a report dedicated sub-forums?

I mean, I think it would be more logical to have reports in a dedicated sub-forum for each divisions. It would be more organized. Don't you agree?

Let me know...

Thank you.

« Un jour, quelqu'un m'a dit que le temps était un prédateur qui traquait tous nos vies.
Mais, je crois plutôt que le temps est un compagnon qui nous suit dans notre voyage, et nous rappelle de chérir tous les moments, parce qu'ils ne reviendront jamais. »

Back to top Go down
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Apr 04 2009, 00:31

I'm pretty much done with my stuff here at the new forum. So I wont do any add ons or modifications until you are done your thing.

To be honest frankie, I am still to unexperienced at forum organization. Its not my strength. Mind you, I know alot more now than I did back in september thanks to you. cheers

So if you really think my divisions should be altered for better organization I'll let you show me what you mean. And try and see the difference for myself.

JR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Apr 04 2009, 11:01

Acknowledge. I must also review your sub-forum security permissions. Because, there are a lot of these that are ADMIN posting only. That's mean no body will be able to post. I will also contact Haloman to see what he is up to. I will also offer a department to a member. Once I have a chance, I'll be contacting these members. I also choose my Dept. CO by their beavior and age. I started very young... but, these days were "cowboys" day and cowboy diplomacy. I learned from the best of the 23rd century and at 17, I was the leader of my first fleet.

I've been through and learned a lot. I also redefined my working hours. Anytime from 0800 hours to 1930 hours. People can expect a reply to their messages and work might be in progress with exceptions of the weekends, I'll sometime be here. But, I prefer take it easy. Exceptions can be made also when in game... I get drug by it. I can spend an entire night playing to see the contination or have more active good, credits or material. AS for for work and reports... I do it durint the day. I also enjoy to play on these same hours for better understanding and learning at my full energy strenght.

Understood for reports forum. I'll show you once I get there.

Back to top Go down
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Apr 04 2009, 14:59

Sounds good,

What do you mean though, that you will choose a CO for a dept.? You mean a new dept. that we havent formed yet?

Also, I thought you already chose Commander Salak as your dept XO.

Let me know.

JR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Apr 04 2009, 16:13

Starfleet Canada Medical Headquarters need a CO. I have someone in mind.

Admiral Sean has a week to work out his dept. After, I'll revoke his access. Because, full access is not allowed for Security reasons that ADMIN can do anything they want and go anywhere they want even in CLASSIFIED matters that doesn't concern the individual in question.

Later, I might vote on a possibilty that council members should be ADMIN. But, right now... Trust is what I'm trying to grant in everyone under my command.

In any case, I'll get into all depts without exceptions to ajust and work inside texts and sub-forums.

Back to top Go down
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Apr 04 2009, 18:03

Do you think we need to open the Medical dept? I have made room in my dept for rescue vessels as medical works close with the military.

I had figured that we might not have enough members yet for 7 dept.'s and would coordinate medical myself as described in the Search and Emergency Rescue Division. S.E.R.V. ships as I call them.

Let me know if you think we should have a separate dept for medical now, or when our membership grows larger closer to game time so that we dont spread our members out too thin throughout 7 dept's.

I could let interested members be S.E.R.V. officers for a while and when we have enough members to form the Medical dept I will know by then who is the strongest SERV officer to head the dept at that time.

Either way, I'm behind you on your decision.

JR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sun Apr 05 2009, 14:21

Admiral Roddenberry wrote:
I suppose I keep calling it SFC as in Star Fleet Canada. I can stop saying that if you think it will be confused with Star Fleet Command.

FrankieDoo wrote:
If we want to use SFC, We will need to change our name to reflect this. Because, we do not have a capital F in our fleet name.

We'll have to call ourselves, Star Fleet Canada other then Starfleet Canada.

Admiral Roddenberry wrote:
SC is good. Because we will call our ships SCS not SFCS.

So I will alter my posts to reflect the SC.

You might want to write a fleet wide public communique about our letters for calling ourselves in the News services in the public area of this forum to let the fleet know. Because, we get confusion already. First here, then in the Lounge on the old forum. There will also have News Services positions available. News are the heart of Information & informing people.

Further more, I may issue a communique here only about promotions when registering here. Anyone who are with us from the start or before and has contributed a lot for the fleet and/or the old forum will be promoted/awarded the rank of Lieutenant Commander. Any higher rank, will have to be dealt by council vote or I might authorize it myself.

I may also show the alpha team how to do their work in here to show them what I mean by transfering relevant post to the appropriate public forum.

Last edited by FrankieDoo on Sun Apr 05 2009, 14:38; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added quotes)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sun Apr 05 2009, 14:51

I think once the departments are formed and active with members, the dept. heads should handle their own promotions to save the council the time to have to vote on each promotion. The dept. heads will really be the only ones who really know if promotions within their dept. are deserved.

Let me know what you think about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Mon Apr 06 2009, 14:50

That is a very interesting idea. I'll consider it in mind.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Thu Apr 16 2009, 19:19

My next assignement will be doing the SC Academy forum organization. I will need to have close communication with Commander Tyven. I was also considering of organizing all the depts the way you did with your own.

I would like to know what Mr. Tyven thinks where should we put the members fleet service record jackets. Shall we leave it where it is now or move it in the government structure?

Fleet Members Service Record Jackets are an important part of member advancement and prosperity. It's like their resume for a job... but, for the fleet to follow their accomplishements. I believe it's an important part of the Academy. Everything they do will be noted by stardate.

Same thing for when they complete a report of their activity. A Stardate will be noted. It's like a captain making their captain's log... everything about the ship activity is noted. It's the same principle.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Thu Apr 30 2009, 15:08

Unfortunately, the forum will not be ready as promised on May 1st. However, the near completation is very soon.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: USER ACTIVATION   Wed May 06 2009, 04:36

I did not authorize any user activation accounts, Before I have the time to verified and confirm with them that is what they have chosen and wants. For now...at least.

Back to top Go down
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Thu May 07 2009, 17:27

Perhaps your May 1st announcement in the alpha forum was misleading and has caused members to join here and activate the accounts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Fri May 08 2009, 22:48

The problem has been resolved. No user can activate their accounts until the forum is entirely completed at least...for the moment unless the Security/Intelligence dept. leave it this way to tighten up security.

I am sure our enemies will find ways to know us from the inside & believe me; I know what I'm talking about. I have a quite colourful past in my previous service as fleet leader in a Star Trek Community.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Thu May 28 2009, 19:34

Prime Minister's Log, Stardate 24095.27

The work is on hold for the moment. Since, I am studying for a government exam and getting ready for a botox injection medical treatment to make my mouth muscle a little less stressed. It has been unsuccessful from my point of view. I just begun treatments.

I will be contacting new members when I will have terminated these things and that I will be better.

I was thinking of promotions and demotions of senior officers. Making a special avatar for our french Quebec community to show that they speak french as their native language from birth. This can be useful when they want to play a game together in french sometime. I want this special image for our Starfleet Québec part of Starfleet Canada. These avatars will be at the bottom of their ranks.

I have in mind, two officers who might have a promotion. One will be VADM, one will be demoted to ADM and a new comer will my new RADM of Starfleet Québec. At first, I was going to give him the VADM position. But, he hasn't done much for the fleet and hasn't show real interest in getting here. Has for my choice for demoting a RADM to ADM. Inactiveness and failiure to respond to one of my message here and directives. I should put his XO has the leader of his dept.

Anyway. I am still in the thinking process.

End of Log.

Back to top Go down
StarBrand
Close friend of the Fleet

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sun May 31 2009, 01:25

Mr Prime Minister,

Based on your comments above i wanted to attempt to come up with something that would help distinguish French speaking players from english and yet still hold true to what we are as a 24th century team. This is what i came up with:

As you can see i replaced the 'Maple Leaf' with the 'Fleur de Lys'. I wanted the change to be subtle but unmistakeably Quebec. I kept everything else the same as i would hope in the 24th century Canada was able to fix the relationships issues we currently have. I didn't want to have two distinct groups playing as one as these usually never work as attention usually goes one way or the other but never to both. i also think this will still show unity to any group wishing to oppose us. Let me know your thoughts on this, i thought i would jump on the bandwagon for this to see if i could help.

Your XO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Roddenberry
Fleet-Admiral
Fleet-Admiral

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Wed Jun 10 2009, 14:44

FrankieDoo wrote:
Prime Minister's Log, Stardate 24095.27

The work is on hold for the moment. Since, I am studying for a government exam and getting ready for a botox injection medical treatment to make my mouth muscle a little less stressed. It has been unsuccessful from my point of view. I just begun treatments.

I will be contacting new members when I will have terminated these things and that I will be better.

I was thinking of promotions and demotions of senior officers. Making a special avatar for our french Quebec community to show that they speak french as their native language from birth. This can be useful when they want to play a game together in french sometime. I want this special image for our Starfleet Québec part of Starfleet Canada. These avatars will be at the bottom of their ranks.

I have in mind, two officers who might have a promotion. One will be VADM, one will be demoted to ADM and a new comer will my new RADM of Starfleet Québec. At first, I was going to give him the VADM position. But, he hasn't done much for the fleet and hasn't show real interest in getting here. Has for my choice for demoting a RADM to ADM. Inactiveness and failiure to respond to one of my message here and directives. I should put his XO has the leader of his dept.

Anyway. I am still in the thinking process.

End of Log.

I'm with you on whatever promotions and demotions you choose.
Escpecially if whoever it is does not reply to your mails.

By the way, I will be on leave for 6 weeks starting July 15 to September 1st.

And Starbrand, I like the avatar, personally I think all sigs/avatars should have both the Maple leaf and Fleur de Lis. Since we are a combined nation of french and english, but if the PM wants them separated then so be it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarBrand

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Fri Jun 12 2009, 15:31

I agree that we should keep the changes minimal at best, we still need to show us as one strong fleet, that's why i thought just changing the emblem would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Mon Jul 13 2009, 15:53

StarBrand wrote:
Mr Prime Minister,

Based on your comments above i wanted to attempt to come up with something that would help distinguish French speaking players from english and yet still hold true to what we are as a 24th century team. This is what i came up with:

As you can see i replaced the 'Maple Leaf' with the 'Fleur de Lys'. I wanted the change to be subtle but unmistakeably Quebec. I kept everything else the same as i would hope in the 24th century Canada was able to fix the relationships issues we currently have. I didn't want to have two distinct groups playing as one as these usually never work as attention usually goes one way or the other but never to both. i also think this will still show unity to any group wishing to oppose us. Let me know your thoughts on this, i thought i would jump on the bandwagon for this to see if i could help.

Your XO
I would like to see the two letters in blue too. To be more visible. I am curious to see how it would look like.

Back to top Go down
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Mon Jul 13 2009, 19:36

Your leave has been noted Admiral. From July 15th to September 1st. Aye. Where are you going? You'll take a trip? It's your time of year where everyone goes on vacation.

Aright; I have been thinking a lot about these promotions since Terrani’s resignation from the fleet. He has not given any further information on why. He only stated that it was for personal reasons.

I will also send information on how to activate accounts in the forum for our actual members from the old place and our new ones. Keep in mind that new accounts are not necessarily members of the fleet.

How should you proceed? That is what I will explain in a secured subspace message. It will only be to forum administrators. It’s the senior staff job to do that. Since the beta team hasn’t transfer relevant topics and post in here. We’ll have to do it ourselves. Before we can proceed, I also need to know if our General Orders and Directives are officialised. Once this information is received and that I have given you the instructions you need for new accounts. The old forum will be closed and will only be accessed by senior officers that are administrators for them to do their duties.

Further more; we’ll have to make personalized avatars for every member to put on their profile to keep a certain order & special ranks for distinguished visiting guests from other fleets, allied, MPP and NAP fleets as well. That will indicate to others their status with us when they will engage in topics or in their dedicated Embassy inside our forum.

Promotions for three officers and demotion for one officer will be included in the message to admins. One Temporary assignment will be given to one of three promoted officers. One permenant full time assignment will be gvien and another one will be given a permenant full time assignment for the Québec nation. I might also leave my message in the notepad in the Administration panel. Do you see the notepad? If you see it, please confirm here.

If not, I’ll send a message. However, if I have a positive confirmation that you actually see it; if there is enough space. I’ll write everything down there.

I will do all that before I will move to my new place at the end of August. For the time being, I will close the forum registration process while I will do the list that is already there. Once that completed; I will send you the instructions you need to follow for all new accounts and close the old place down. We’ll need relevant topics and officialised one into our new one.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
StarBrand

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Mon Jul 13 2009, 21:43

hey Frankie,

Glad to see you around the forums again. Very Happy

I can see the note pad but i question whether it's big enough. I also wonder if we have the ability to see previous notepad messages. With the Admiral away so long he would miss a lot of the conversation you would be having. Personalized email may be the way to go.

I do believe our General orders and Directives were finalized. The would be located on the old forum.

Personal side note: my computer crashed and i lost everything Sad

I am in the repair phase but i have none of my signature/avatar templates. I will rebuild but you will have to give me some time to do so. As i was smart enough to post most of my work on to these forums, it shouldn't be too difficult but it will be timely.

Bear with me as i do so Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrankieDoo
Premier Ministre
Premier Ministre

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Thu Jul 16 2009, 13:07

StarBrand wrote:
hey Frankie,

Glad to see you around the forums again. Very Happy

I can see the note pad but i question whether it's big enough. I also wonder if we have the ability to see previous notepad messages. With the Admiral away so long he would miss a lot of the conversation you would be having. Personalized email may be the way to go.

I do believe our General orders and Directives were finalized. The would be located on the old forum.

Personal side note: my computer crashed and i lost everything Sad

I am in the repair phase but i have none of my signature/avatar templates. I will rebuild but you will have to give me some time to do so. As i was smart enough to post most of my work on to these forums, it shouldn't be too difficult but it will be timely.

Bear with me as i do so Smile
Understood. You might want to get a special HD from LaCie which includ a back up programs and other applications. It has 250GB space and is 100 bucks at FutureShop. This will prevent these kind of things in the future. If not, well... that's ok. What happend to your machine?

It has been; almost 3 years that I have bought my brand computer. I never had a problem. Only once... I had to re-install from back up.

That being said, that is the mostly reasons why I left computer gaming and their world of crash, incompatibilities and freeze in game. I thought my computer would do the trick for games. But, no. So, I got tired and bought an XBOX 360 with 5 games including Star Trek Legacy. Now, I need a Blu-ray drive to read movies. I only want to watch movies and I do not trust the PS3 for that. I did try movies on my x360. However, I note a change in sound quality... you can feel and hear the bad quality lost of waves and clarity. So, I hesitate between a normal blu-ray player from Samsung and the PS3.

Last edited by FrankieDoo on Thu Jul 16 2009, 13:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added precision / précision ajoutée)
Back to top Go down
seanbt87
Admiral
Admiral

Male
Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   Sat Aug 01 2009, 15:10

Mr. Prime Minister,
I have a PS3 and find that the quality for bleu rays are fine. As for the francophone avatars, i'm all for a incorporating the two distinct canadian peoples in the sig, but two seperate ones might create a schism in the fleet, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Forum   

Back to top Go down

New Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next